UNIT A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT AND
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
This Memorandum of Understanding is made and entered into this 13th day of May, 1997, by and between the Board of Education of the Los Angeles Unified School District (ADistrict@) and the Los Angeles Unified School District Peace Officers Association (APOA@) for employees in Unit A (School Police).
Pursuant to Article XIX of the parties= 1992-94 Agreement, as amended for 1994-95, the District and POA have met and negotiated in good faith and have completed their negotiations for a successor collective bargaining agreement. The parties hereby agree as follows:
1. All articles and provisions of the parties
2. Compensation for 1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98 shall be as set forth in Attachment A hereto.
3. Article IV, POA rights, shall be modified as attached.
4. Article V, Grievance Procedure, shall be modified as attached.
5. Article VIII, Dues Deductions, shall be modified as attached.
6. Article X-B, Pre-Disciplinary Procedures, shall be modified as attached.
7. Article XI, Transfer Procedures, shall be modified as attached.
8. Article XII, Leaves of Absence, shall be modified as attached.
9. Article XV, Holidays, shall be modified as attached.
10. Article XVI, Vacation, shall be modified as attached.
11. Article XIX, Term of Agreement, shall be modified as attached.
12. Appendix A, Wages and Salaries, shall be modified as attached.
13. Appendix B, Allowances, Differentials, Retirement, shall be modified as attached.
14. Non-sworn unit members shall be issued the same number of short-sleeve shirts as provided to sworn unit employees.
15. Movie Details:
When movie and television companies obtain authorization to use District sites, they will be informed that District Police Officers are available to work overtime on District filming locations. The District will encourage T.V. and movie companies to use District Police Officers for security purposes at all District locations. Any officer who desires to work overtime for movie assignments shall complete aAMovie Detail Officer=s Information Form@ and submit to the Department=s movie coordinator. The Department=s coordinator will schedule the assignments.
16. The District shall fund the payment to unit employees of the one-time, non-precedent setting, off-the-schedule bonus of 2% provided in 1996-97 to all other District employees, and on the same grounds as provided to such employees.
17. Any additional bonuses, compensation increases, payments, enhanced health and welfare benefits or other forms of compensation affecting 25% or more of the population of any other bargaining unit from the date of this tentative agreement to the expiration of the agreement shall also be provided to this unit. This paragraph shall not apply to benefits currently provided to employees or restored to employees as part of a compensation restoration plan.
The above is subject to ratification by Unit A members of POA and to final approval by the Board of Education.
Date of Agreement:
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT PEACE OFFICERS ASSN.
Framroze M. Virjee
LAUSD POA Representative
Adopted and approved by the Board of Education on
Board of Education