available at the LEARNING ZONE
Use the Learning Zone as a means to find and register for classes and salary point credit classes to improve your content knowledge, teaching skills, and integration of instructional technology. The Learning Zone is accessed from "Inside LAUSD"*. After loggin in, you may want to view an animated Powerpoint with voice-over that details the process to search, select, and sign up for classes you are interested in taking. You wil need two things first:
1. You will need to have a vaild LAUSD employee e-mail account -- click here for information on obtaining an e-mail account.
2. Get an InsideLAUSD login account. Click here to sign up for an Inside LAUSD account after you have an e-mail account.
To get to Learning Zone:
a. LAUSD homepage at http://www.lausd.net
b. Click on "Employees" (left column)
c. Click on InsideLAUSD (left column) and log in
d. Click on Learning Zone (lower right column - "Quick Links")
You can enroll in a class after logging into the Learning Zone and doing the following:
1) Click on Courses tab.
2) Click on Class Offerings (right side)
3) From the drop-down menu for “Program” select “Elementary Student Information Systems ESIS”.
4) From the "Class for the Next" drop-down menu, select "6 months".
5) Click on Search.
6) Click on the course title to see a detail screen (pop-up window) for each class.
7) Enroll using the orange "Enroll Now" button on the course detail screen.
8) After enrolling you will receive an acknowledgement via e-mail. You can also print the class information with the PRINT command at the top, right of the course detail window.
Click here for maps to the Training Centers
RETURN TO ELEMENTARY SIS