School History 

 

Tom Bradley Environmental Science and Humanities Charter Magnet was built in the year 1926.  Bradley was originally called 38th Street School and had a student population of 314.  In 1993, it was renamed 39th Street School and was physically expanded to cover the whole block between 38th and 39th.

 

Dr. Genevieve Shepherd is the 10th principal to serve Tom Bradley.  Dr. Shepherd has been principal at Bradley since 1985; she followed Mrs. Aileen Woodson, who served Bradley for nine years. 

 

Tom Bradley E. S. & H Charter Magnet was previously a fundamental career-awareness magnet.  In may 1999, the school was renamed to Tom Bradley Environmental Science and Humanities Charter Magnet to honor the outstanding late mayor who made many contributions to our school and our community and who lived in our residential area.