- Multilevel Classes in English/Math/Electives.
- Opportunities for rapid advancement in academic subjects.
- Stimulating experiences for middle school students who have a
variety of classes and teachers including required and elective
classes such as foreign language, music, drill team, gymnastics,
painting, sculpture, drama and Gilbert & Sullivan.
- Social interaction with varying grade and age groups resulting in
accelerated social awareness.
- Early exposure (during middle school grades) to career and
post-secondary opportunities (colleges, testing programs, test taking
skills, early opportunities for PSAT).
- Opportunities for leadership responsibilities through student
government and other school planned activities.
- Senior high intramural and interscholastic athletic competition in
basketball, golf, volleyball, softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, and
- Interaction with students from different ethnic backgrounds from
more than 121 middle and senior high schools throughout the district.
Parent Interaction Programs:
- College incentive and orientation meetings
- Financial aid, financial
planning, test preparation,.
- Parent Counseling workshops.
Program for Gifted/Talented Students:
- Special counseling for the gifted
- Field Trips (Museums, Junior State, Yosemite Science Trip, college
- Conservatory for Performing Arts (Saturday Program)
- Advanced placement (college level) classes for senior high students.
- Extra Enrichment Classes
- Seventh period and after school classes in Career Guidance,
Environmental Science, Advanced Team sports, Jazz and Folk Dance,
College/S.A.T. Prep., Cultural Awareness, Debate and speech, Academic
Decathlon, Play Production, Computers.
Active Parent Advisory Council And "Friends of LACES"
Shared Decision Making Council
School Guidance Team:
- Team approach to problem
solving student needs.
- Recommendations for parent/teacher follow
Tutoring Programs Available:
- After school (all subjects)
- S.A.T. (Math/English Preparation)