[ Jefferson H.S., LAUSD Return to Science Dept. ]
Science Fair Rubric
Los Angeles County Dept. of Ed., 2/97
A. Creativity (30 points)
Creativity Total _________
- The problem is original or is a unique approach to an old problem (considering the student's level)
- Equipment and materials are used ingeniously
- Interpretation of data is appropiate for student's grade level
- Applications of project information shows student's creative involvement
- Student shows evidence of understanding that unanswered questions remain
- Creativity is evident
B. Scientific Thought or Engineering Goals
Scientific Thought (30 points)
Scientific Thought Total _________
- The hypothesis is clearly stated and the project is clearly designed
- The project shows depth of study and effort
- Project exhibits orderly recording and analysis of data
- Sampling techniques and data collection are appropiate for the problem
- Scientific procedures are appropiate and organized
- Conclusions formulated are logical, based on the data collected, and are revelant to the hypothesis
Engineering Goals (30 points)
Engineering Goals Total _________
- The project has clear objective revelant to needs of potntial user
- Product or process has been tested
- Product or process is both wokable and feasible economically and ecologically.
- Project exhibits orderly recording and analysis of data.
- Testing procedures are appropriate and organized.
- Conclusions are logical and based on the data collected.
C. Thoroughness (15 points total)
Thoroughness Total _________
- The study in complete within the scope of the problem.
- Scieniticic literature has been searched.
- Experiments ahve been repeated and careful records have been kept.
D. Skill ( 15 points)
- Special skills needed for construction or use of equipment is evident.
- Special mathematical, computational or observational skills are evident.
- Project is skillfully desinged so that it yeilds valid, reliable, and accurate data.
Skill Total _________
E. Clarity (10 points total)
Clarity Total ___________
- The project notebook is well organized, neat, and accurate.
- The purpose, procedures and conclusions are clearly outlined and the title accurately reflects the problem.
Total points for Project _______
Home: Jefferson H.S.
| LALCNet ]