[ Jefferson H.S., LAUSD ]
What Jefferson HS can do with Computer Network Technology.
Technology Committee, 2/96
- Keep track of textbooks. Instant textbook inventories for Dept. chairs and administrators.
- Check books and charges when students check out of school.
- Computerized grades (no bubbling or verification) sent directly to SIS.
- Instant grade point averages for college center, teachers, coaches.
- Keep track of purchases and supplies that have arrived. Dept chairs can logon and see a report of shipments that arrived.
- E-mail to staff, administrators, staff off-track, staff at Trade Tech and off campus sites.
- E-mail and file share to allow projects between classes, including classes on different tracks.
- E-mail to parents and students off campus if they have computers and modems in the future.
- Increased access for students to the Internet (increased reading and writing skills).
- Share printers in main office and various buildings.
- Share files on students between counseling, attendance, deans, nurse, etc
- Reduce setup time for multiple computers.
- Auto dial students at home so that teachers can easily contact parents.
- Mail merge letters home to parents of students from databases.
Home: Jefferson H.S.
| LALCNet ]