Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy is ranked #3 out of 978 among Title One Schools in the CORE
- Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy has the National Distinction of being a No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School. This award honors schools that are models of excellence and equity, that demonstrate a strong commitment to educational excellence for all students, and that achieve high ascademic standards.
- Harbor Teacher Preparation Academy was recognized with this prestigious award because of our rigorous academic expectations for all students. These expectations are based on California state-adopted standards, regular and systematic monitoring of student progress through a variety of assessments, a strong core curriculum, highly qualified and caring teachers, and strong professional development.
- This is HTPA's website; however, it is still under construction.
2014 Incoming 9th grades
Harbor Teacher Prep will be visiting local middle schools to outline the application process. A parent meeting will be held December 7th. Parents must attend the meeting to pick up an application. More information regarding parent meeting will be available at a later date. To learn more
Congratulations to Angelica Cohen! She won the Gold Medal for the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship. The prize is a $1,000 grant to be used at the school she’ll attend in the fall. Great job Angelica!!
- Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country team for winning CIF!! They are the second HTPA team to win a CIF title! This weekend they went to State Cross Country Meet in Fresno, CA. They are the first boys cross country team to go to state!
Congratulations teachers, staff and students on your API score of 921. Due to your hard work, commitment to academic excellence and perseverance, HTPA is the shining star of the Southbay!
Home Coming Dance
The dance is in Long Beach on Saturday February 22th and food will be provided. Cost of tickets listed. Please see your rep for ticket purchase. PTSA members will receive $45 pricing for the month of December.
Jan 13 - 17 = $45
Jan 20 - 24 = $45
Jan 27 - 31 = $50
Feb 3 – 7 = $55
Feb 10 – 4 = $60
Feb 17 – 21 = $65
@ Door =$70
All invites = $65
Seniors pay your Dues
- Parents have instant access to all High School grades. Parents can set automatic alerts for low grades, and missing assignments. Students and parents can login securely to check grades, homework, download files, and view announcements and calendar notices